Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:08:44 +0200
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E4ckel?= <Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with USB-Zip-Drive and 4.0 Stable

Hello,

I bought today a USB 100 Zip Drive from Iomega and have some problems to
get it to run:

- I'm running FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #1: Wed Mar 29 23:21:23 CEST 2000
(cvsuped short before)
- I've compiled the USB support into my kernel (inclusive the scbus and
da support - I'm using a Tekram 390F UW-Controller):
# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus
and da0

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA6BXD one with 2 PentiumII 400 Mhz.

And these are my boot-messages:
pci0: <Intel PIIX4 ATA controller> at 7.1
uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0xe000-0xe01f irq
15 at device 7.2 on pci0
usb0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2

On the Zip-Package stands: for use with USB1.1, but freebsd only finds a
1.0 Version, and if I connect the ZIP to a port, the system tells me:

uhub0: device problem, disabling port <whichever>

What could I do to get it to run? Do you've any idea?
(Mainboard BIOS-Update? Or does the bios has nothing to do with the
USB-Version?)

Thanks in advance,
--
Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net -- http://home.kamp.net/home/joachim.jaeckel