Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:00:46 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, <portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error: your port uses an old layout.

On 31 Mar 2001, at 3:52, Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > This is getting to be a common error message and many users are
> > seeking help for it:
>
> > Problem is, I've read Q12 and Q13 and I can't figure out what to do.
>
> Think to yourself, "I need to delete empty patches/ and pkg/ directories."

Yes, that's what we've been trying.  And it failed.  Unfortunately, the
user in question is accessible only via IRC and they are now gone.  In
particular, we tried removing patches and pkg for editors/vim5, without
success.

> Also see PR 21885 which I just reopened because of your message.

I'd really like to see something to help these people out.  It's a pain for
them to have rm /usr/ports and start from scratch.  The proposed PR
will save them time, everyone bandwidth, and reduce the load on the
helpers.

Thanks.

--
Dan Langille