Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:08:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        Brett Cates <bcates513@hotmail.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:    Re: Ports Question

But now your entire ports tree will be out of date.

  - Alex

	On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 03:18:16PM -0500, Brett Cates wrote:

	> I just used CVSUP to update my ports collection and installed Samba.  The
	> problem is that when I updated, the version of Samba in the ports is now
	> 2.2.6 Pre1 instead of 2.2.5_3 like it is supposed to be.  Is there a way I
	> can use CVSUP to roll back the Samba port to sometime last week when it had
	> 2.2.5_3?  2.2.6 is a pre-release and is not working correctly for me.

	You can use cvsup(1) to grab an image of the ports tree at a
	particular date.  This supfile will grab the ports tree from just
	before the samba-2.2.5 to samba-2.2.6 update went in, which happened
	at Fri Aug 9 15:18:59 2002 UTC
	(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/samba/Makefile)