Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 18:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12188: New port: pbs-2.1.11 (misc/PBS) a batch scheduler

The following reply was made to PR ports/12188; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To: Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc: "David A. Bader" <dbader@eece.unm.edu>, will@FreeBSD.ORG,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:40:11 -0400 (EDT)

 > > I am not a lawyer, but from my reading of the license (which can be
 > > displayed by browsing http://pbs.mrj.com/license.php3\?site_id=anonymous)
 [...]
 > > like putting it in pkg/MESSAGE would achieve this.  The license reads like
 > > a BSD license with the old advertising clause--no more restrictive than
 > > the license on FreeBSD itself was last July (see /usr/src/COPYRIGHT).

 > You know, you're absolutely right.  But I'm used to programs that do not
 > have restrictive licenses.  If you look at the 80 or so ports I maintain,
 > you will notice none of them have anything other than the QPL, GPL, BSDL,
 > or artistic licenses.  My real sympathy is with open-source programs.  ;-)

 Hi Will, David.  Maybe I was unclear, so please let me rephrase:  look at
 the sections in /COPYRIGHT and in the PBS license (at
 http://pbs.mrj.com/license.php3\?site_id=anyone ) that start with
 "Redistribution".  See how they just changed the names and changed the
 numbers to <li> tags?  It's a "copy center" license. :-)  Users might want
 to give their personal information to MRJ, but the license doesn't require
 it.
 --
 Trevor Johnson
 http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt