Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:52:47 +0200
From:      Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "All in one" printer?

Le Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:45:39 +0200,
Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org> a =E9crit :

> I'm looking for an "all in one printer" (scanner + printer).

Thanks guys, so I bought today a HP PhotoSmart C4680 "all in one".

It mostly works fine (printing and scanning) out of the box. I ran into
issues with the hplip tools (hp-setup, ...) because they use the user
locale when connecting to cups (here ISO-8859-15). Cups rejects this. I
have to set my locale to LC_ALL=3DC.

It looks ok with this work-around. I'm able to use the hp-systray tool.

Also I'm not able to start hpssd (hplip3) and it says nothing (no
errors...)?