Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:21:18 +0100
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: logout on KDE 2

Vivek Khera said on Dec 18, 2000 at 11:16:06:

> RS> I recently installed FreeBSD 4.2-release, and yesterday built KDE
> RS> version 2.0.1 from the newly updated ports tree.  It's very nice
> RS> except that the logout buttons don't work.  From looking through
> RS> mailing list archives and the KDE bug database, it seems that this has
> RS> happened to others, but I couldn't find any fixes.  Any
> RS> suggestions/patches available now, or is ctrl-alt-bksp the only
> RS> option?
>
> For me, it just takes a while to actually log out once I select the
> "Ok" button on the confirmation box.

For me, the point is I never even got a confirmation box.  Clicking
on the logout button did basically nothing.  I've seen exactly
this complaint on mail archives several weeks old, but no
answers.

The patch I sent to the list a little while ago does bring up the
confirmation box, but I did it without any deep understanding of
KDE's mechanics and for all I know it may screw up something else.
I can test it properly only on Thursday, unfortunately...

> Try turning off the audio server from the KDE control panel, if you
> can't logout still.
>
> One way to logout is to send a kill to the kde init process.

I've tried both.  audioserver -- no use.  kde init -- one may as well
use ctrl-alt-bksp to kill X altogether...

Thanks,

Rahul