Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:49:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11/C++ question

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 27-Oct-99 Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> >   If you mean Xt (and possibly Motif) - the answer is "very carefully."
>
> Or you could just use a toolkit written for C++ or with C++ shims already.. ie
> Qt or GTK..

If I wanted to just get X11 done, I would just call some toolkit.  I
didn't want to be told to go get something else that does it, I wanted to
know the right way to do it myself.

Thomas's post, at least, was really helpful.  I wonder if that's really
the way to go, but he surely did give me *one* method, and explained it
easily enough so that I can *do* it.

Boy, I sure wish Java compiled and ran natively.  I'd stop using C++
forever.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)