Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 16:58:50 -0800
From:      Administrator <admin@cool-wave.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with wheel members logging in...

For some strange reason, I get the following error everytime a wheel member
logs in:

Jan  6 16:35:11 pacific login: _secure_path: cannot stat
/home/rick/.login_conf: Permission denied
Jan  6 16:35:11 pacific login: _secure_path: cannot stat /etc/login.conf:
Permission denied

As a result, no wheel users (users who belong to the wheel group) can
login.  Their telnet session is immediately terminated after entering their
password.  If I remove the user from the wheel group, they log in fine.

I checked the permissions of the files listed above, but still no luck.
 Any ideas?

Rick (rick@cwave.net)