Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:55:56 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kdebase-2.1.1 Package Missing

Edwin Culp wrote:

> You're lucky.  I've been trying to get x11/kde2 to make install for a
> couple of weeks now with no success.on current.  kdebase won't/can't
> seem to get past kicker.  How did you get kdebase to compile?

I have a couple of P-II 400's and a Celeron 433a. They are not really fun to
use to build either XFree86-3.3.6 or KDE-2. I was making the base packages
in the order that a make in kde-2 would do it. Then I go back and make all
of the packages required to run kde-2.

It might be because I tried to make the package and it failed and then all I
did was a make install. Make probably thought the dependancy was complete
but it wasn't. I was going to go back on the AMD 900 and see where it dies.
I have a couple of projects that I communicate using ICQ and I only have it
installed on the AMD system.

It is running.

Kent

--