Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 05:43:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   GLOBAL comes to FreeBSD...

I've now just brought in version 1.81 of Shigio Yamaguchi's excellent
"GLOBAL" package - a system for generating tags, both for use by
editors and by web browsers (with an optional HTML flag set).

Please see /usr/src/usr.bin/global/README for more information (or
read the man pages for gtags & htags).

After 3+ years, it looks like we may finally have working tags in
FreeBSD. :-)

At some point we'll also probably work this into the web pages
somehow; we need to get the tools installed on freefall first,
however.  My public thanks also go to Shigio-san for contributing this
package to FreeBSD!

					Jordan