Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 07:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Web Razter <webrazter@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD NAT Firewall

Alright, here goes :
	I guess I am one of those Microshaft Winblows users
that tried Linux (Mandrake 7.0) and didn't get to the
kernel-compiling part. I am now considering using an
old system as a NAT firewall when I get my cable modem
(28 days and counting). I have an link to a website
that goes into the specs of setting up the system
(www.betabites.com/features/editorial/FreeBSD_FR.html)
and I was wondering if Linux Mandrake worked on this
system, would I have probs with FreeBSD?
	Also, I am trying to find any .PDF files of the
FreeBSD Handbook. Can anyone point me to a link for
these and any other refs on Unix in general? If
possible can you send a link that is NOT a ftp? My
firewall here (work) doesn't allow connections to ftp
of ANY type.
	One final question... I did get my NIC working under
Mandrake It is a Linksys LNEPCI2 and found the Linux
support page for that product. It  says this:
"EtherPCI II LAN Card - This card will work with most
distributions using Kernel 2.0.34 or higher using the
ne driver (ne2000)." Would this work under BSD as
well?
Any refs on IP addressing (as I have no idea how to
set it up manually) would also be a blessing.
        I know I may be asking for a lot and I have a
lot to learn... but I will return the favor when I
can!

Jon