Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:23:33 -0700
From:      Charlie Schluting <charlie@schluting.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   packet order, ipf or ipfw

Hello..

I'm running ipf because I like it ...but now I need to use ipfw's pipe
feature. I was thinking that I could just run both, and keep all my
rules in ipf, then in ipfw: limit bandwidth for a few vlans, then allow all.

It didn't work (no rate-limiting happened).. and I'm thinking that ipf
is passing the packets and bypassing ipfw? Or something..

So, what is the order, if I'm running ipf AND ipfw at the same time?
Will it work at all in this manner?

Thanks!
-Charlie