Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:16:17 -0400
From:      "Tamir Halperin" <thalperi@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Do I have to use my hotmail account to participate

Dear comrades,

I am currently migrating my network from Windows based wrecknologies to Unix
based solutions. However, I'm going to be forced to rely on my exchange
server for the next few days as I go through the necessary steps. In the
meantime, I'm going to need your help and I'm experiencing a problem trying
to participate in the freebsd mailing lists. It appears that I'm not able to
send any messages via my Exchange server and I'm forced to use my hotmail
account, unless someone can show me that light, that is.

I suspect it might have something to do with the way freebsd maillists
attempt a VRFY against my corporate email address and how Exchange Server in
response does not offer a verify. I'm not sure though. All I know is that
I've never been able to communicate with the freebsd maillists and I can
communicate with any other domain I try to.

The Majordomo process doesn't seem to be affected, however so I'm really in
the dark on this one.

Sincerely seeking,

Tamir