Date:      21 Feb 2003 18:09:17 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>, gnome freebsd <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gdm2 things

--=-Y7XgR99mKe5z4opX29Sg

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 17:32, Franz Klammer wrote:
> Am Fr, 2003-02-21 um 20.30 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:

> > >=20
> > > Hm.  I think I'm not good enaugh.
> >=20
> > Actaully, Franz is correct.  Setting AlwaysRestartServer to false in
> > gdm.conf seems to resolve the problem.  However, the comments seem to
> > indicate that this option may be going away.
> >=20
>=20
> just for correction: want try to say in my last mail was that
> he probably set AlwaysRestartServer to false an he should set
> it back to the default value true. i've set it only a short time=20
> to false times ago with gdm1 but (i can't remember exactly what) i=20
> run into some problems an set it back to true. since i've never any
> problem with gdm nor such display-problems as you or martin.

Ah, you're right.  It _should_ be true.  I thought my -CURRENT machine
was having some problems with this, but it was, in fact, my -STABLE
machine at home, and my -STABLE build machine at work.  Both had
AlwaysRestartServer set to false.  I've set my home machine to true, and
I'll test tonight.  Thanks for the tip, Franz.

Joe

>=20
> attached my gdm.conf - maybe i have set unintentional something
> special. i don't think so but: who knows...?
>=20
> franz.
>=20
> ps: sorry if i have written unintelligible but currently
> a can only type with the left hand because my right hand is hurt
> an i am a right hander. this in touch with my online-dictionary-english
> is ...
>=20
> > >=20

> > >=20
> > > Two things:
> > >=20
> > > 1.  Can I start a new login via the gnome menu, 'gdmflexiserver' seem=
s=20
> > > to be the command which will be started, I can login once more.  When=
 I=20
> > > then logout of gnome there, I get back to my first gnome session, but=
 I=20
> > > want to get a gdm login screen again.
> >=20
> > What does Applications->System Tools->New Login do for you?
> >=20
> > >=20
> > > 2. When I log out from gnome as root (normaly I don't log in to X wit=
h=20
> > > root) I can select 'logout', 'halt', 'reboot' on logging out.  I want=
=20
> > > to get that also for specific users.  How can I do that?
> >=20
> > Set SystemMenu to true in gdm.conf.
> >=20
> > Joe