Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 19:54:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Music to code by

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Pat Lynch wrote:

> yah for me, when and if I do code, its usually some heavy industrial
> (gravity kills, my life with the thrill kill kult, front line assembly) or
> Rush, Yes, Marillion, Genesis or any number of 70's prog-rock bands, the
> same ones I listen to while working on my machines.

About 8 cups of coffee and trying to optimize a zone allocator with
AIC blaring, works nicely for me. :)

Genesys does rock.

> -Pat

> Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
> Systems Administrator					Rush Networking
>
> "Fear is the way to the Dark Side...Fear leads to Anger....
> 		Anger leads to Hate.....Hate leads to Suffering."
>
> 		-Yoda, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

  "Fear comes from not understanding why NT won't find a printer port
                when 95 can plainly print... Fear leads to Anger...
                Anger leads to Hate.....Hate leads to knowing better
                and installing FreeBSD when NT can't find a simple
                Printer port."

                -Alfred, Printer wars: Getting NT to find a LPT port

  I've really got to check that movie out.

  Isn't it true that MS made the big push and "standard" for PnP on
PC hardware?  If this is true, why could '95 detect the printer and
serial ports in a PC i was working on, but NT wouldn't unless I
explicitly turned them on from the BIOS?  Is NT only -half- a "PnP OS?"

  Why is it that the only good way i've found to find what hardware
is in a computer lately is by booting a freebsd install disk?

  2 hours wasted trying to find the right way to do something in a
broken world (NT).

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Is there a "NT-haters" mailing list anywhere?

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly NT can be used for.  Perhaps
if I turned on the GL screensaver is could make a nice conversation piece
at a party?

use FreeBSD, it just fsck'n works.  thanks,
-Alfred