Date:      Sun, 07 Feb 1999 12:23:25 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, nate@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Call for Review] new ioctl for src/sys/pccard/*

> --------------6331448DC47966073EBB6A88
>
> Jun Kuriyama wrote:
> > I'm planning to commit these changes into src/sys/pccard/.  This adds
> > two features.  These features are obtained from PAO.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to add patch. :-)

These basically sound pretty good...

> +	/*
> +	 * Virtual removal/insertion
> +	 *
> +	 * State of cards:
> +	 *
> +	 *         insertion        virtual removal
> + 	 * (empty) --------> (filled) --------> (inactive)
> +	 *   ^ ^               |  ^                 | |
> +	 *   | |               |  |                 | |
> +	 *   | +---------------+  +-----------------+ |
> +	 *   |      removal        virtual insertion  |
> +	 *                    removal
> +	 *
> +	 * -- hosokawa

But this diagram worries me.  Does this explicitly disallow physical
removal without a preceeding virtual removal?

Just to be clear, I have no objections to that approach, but it's
something that we would want to make very clear if we're going to make
this change.