Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2018 14:08:43 -0700
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [CFT] tinderbox/universe building clang once

--fn7CExqiCzxskqk2aB5Z1aaDownqZxUOg
From: Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To: FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc: FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>

--UL11EkMzdgYPJWnEqdE1m54eNepYJ0M8t

https://people.freebsd.org/~bdrewery/patches/universe-one-clang.diff

This will build clang once if any of the targets specified (or
defaulted) require bootstrapping clang.

It probably has some issues with LLD_BOOTSTRAP in some cases. It could
be improved more in the future for reusing more of the tools built but I
think this is good enough for now as it saves the majority of the time
in the bootstrap phases on clang.

This won't work for GCC unless it learns convenient -target support.
Its needed --sysroot support was also broken until some recent work from
John Baldwin but I'm not sure if that has been committed yet.

Also FYI WITH_SYSTEM_LINKER support is now in to avoid building libclang
for lld on archs that have LLD_BOOTSTRAP set.

I'm putting this out for testing since tinderbox/universe take so long
and I can't possibly test all workflows with it myself.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery