Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:48:10 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Jason Nugent <malhavoc@www.stomped.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a word of appreciation

In message <Pine.BSF.4.33.0104121002110.48281-100000@www.stomped.com>,
Jason Nu
gent writes:

> Folks,
>
> I'm not sure how much you get of this, but I just wanted to say thanks to
> all of you working on the freebsd project.  You do fine work.  I'm not
> sure how often you get to hear that, so I'm going to say it now.
>
> I just finished a routine upgrade of my FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE machine to
> 4.3-RC, in order to make sure that the circulated ftp glob() vulnerability
> wouldn't affect my system.
>
> I'm curious, though, if the lib-paranoia library in the ports collection
> would have prevented the exploit from happening in the first place.  Has
> anyone experimented with this?

I've been using FreeBSD since 2.0.5.  I've been very pleased with the
quality of the O/S.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC