Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:42:00 -0600
From:      "Tim Pushor" <timp@crossthread.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Large disk support?

Hello,

I have a requirement to build a file server using FreeBSD that is to store a
fair amount of information. The IO requirements are low, so I would like to
take advantage of the particularily CHEAP price of large IDE's ;-)

I am just trying to solicit people's experiences running FreeBSD 3.x with
large drives.

I am planning on running three drives in the server machine which will be
running FreeBSD 3.3:

Maxtor 20G IDE X 2
Maxtor 13G IDE

The system in question would be using a Gigabyte BX 2000 motherboard.

Thanks for any and all information!
Tim