Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:56:38 -0500
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Update port VMware 1.1 for Linux, Networking Support

> This stuff is too cool, I just psuedo netbooted -current in a vmware session.
> The catch is that Etherboot doesn't work with the vmware pcnet chip so
You can try to use Netboot: http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot/
It's use a DOS packet drivers to build images. The AMD had a packet
driver to their pcnet/lance chip (and it really work with vmmare
'version' of this chip). When I last time checked the Netboot, it's worked
without problem on a FreeBSD.

--
Vladimir Silyaev