Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:25:12 +0000
From:      Tom Judge <tom@tomjudge.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: adaptec utilities on amd64?

Scott Long wrote:
> Vivek Khera wrote:
>> Some time long ago, someone posted a very short C program that probes
>> the LSI controller and spits out this kind of output:
>>
>> [root@d03]# amrstat
>> Drive 0:    34.18 GB, RAID1 <writeback,no-read-ahead,no-adaptative-io>
>> optimal
>> Drive 1:   102.54 GB, RAID1 <writeback,no-read-ahead,no-adaptative-io>
>> optimal
>>
>> This is the kind of output I'd love to get from my adaptec
>> controllers, too.  This can be trivially scripted and hooked into a
>> monitoring system like nagios.
>>
>> The aaccli tool is a curses based app (despite the "cli" in the name)
>> and scripting it is damn near impossible.  It doesn't even read
>> commands from stdin!
>>

> Yes, scripting it is possible, and it does have a non-interactive mode.
> Try the following:
>
> printf "open aac0\ncontroller details\nexit\n" | aaccli

I have been trying to find a similar solution for aac controllers that
will display the status of the volumes that the controller has
configured (E.g. Optimal, Degraded, Failed etc...).  So far the only way
I have found to do it is to store the output of:

printf "open aac0\ncontainer list\nexit\n" | aaccli

For a known good status and then periodiacly check the output of the
above command with the same status.

Is there a better way to do this?

Tom