Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:47:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to download an entire website?

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, K. Marsh wrote:

> What's the easiest way to download an entire website?
>
> Before the man of the hour, Doug White, suggested I use cvsup. I'm sure
> it's a good idea, but cvsup depends on an enormous package called modula-3
> and I ran out of swap space trying to compile the beast.

I think ther is a precompiled version of cvsup.  Check the section on the
handbook which explains cvsup.  Somewhere in that section is a link to the
precompiled version.  Just D/L and untar it and follow the instructions in
the README (might be called something else) file.  The section in the
handbook will also help you setup a supfile.

Hope this helps.

Burton Sampley

> I thought of trying ncftp, but I don't thing web docs can be had by ftp,
> can they?  Doesn't netscape have a feature to do this?

>     / \  / \ / | / \    / \    University of Washington  ()
>     | | / / / /  |  \   | |      Chemical Engineering    /\

---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)