Date:      Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:38:57 -0500
From:      Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
To:        courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc:        John Saunders <JohnS@resmed.com.au>
Subject:   Re: [courier-users] Re: FreeBSD-port Courier forbidden

I just submitted an update to the FreeBSD port of courier bumping it to
0.45.3
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=pending/65093>;

I patched around the 'strip' bug by removing 'sharedindexsplit
sharedindexinstall' from ${WRKSRC}/courier/Makefile.in on line 250 and
installing them using the ${INSTALL_SCRIPT} macro instead of
${INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM} in the port's Makefile.  One is a perl script the
other a bourne shell script, clearly they should not be getting installed
with ${INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM}.

For good measure I ran all the configure scripts through the following:

sed -i.bak -e 's:"\${SHELL} \$(install_sh) -c
-s":"\${BSD_INSTALL_PROGRAM}":' \
	${WRKSRC}/configure \
	${WRKSRC}/*/configure \
	${WRKSRC}/*/*/configure \
	${WRKSRC}/*/*/*/configure

The ${BSD_INSTALL_PROGRAM} macro honors the ${STRIP} variable.  So that one
could install everything unstripped by running:

make STRIP="" install

It probably makes no difference, but I prefer using BSD install rather than
install.sh to do the dirty work.

That's all for now.  Those brave enough to apply my patch from
ports/PR65093 before it's committed -- enjoy!  Let me know if I screwed
anything up.

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org