Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:54:21 +0530
From:      Shantanu Mahajan <shantanoo+fbsd@ieee.org>
To:        Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fetchmail question

+++ Dragoncrest [freebsd] [10-03-03 22:26 -0500]:
| 	Hi all.  Got a question about fetchmail again.  This one should be
| easy.  I'm looking for the easiest way to get fetchmail to purge a mailbox
| for me.  Here's what I'm after.  First off, when my mail downloads, fetch
| has been told (via a config I have in sendmail) to leave mail on the server
| if the user has an invalid domain name.  IE. From viruses, spam, etc.  What
| I want it to do is to try to download all of the messages on the server,
| then, regardless if they succeed or fail, I want fetchmail to just nuke
| them off the server.  Currently it only nukes mail that has been
| successfully delivered to the local computer.  I want it to dump all of
| them so that it doesn't end up leaving all the rejected mail messages to
| pile up on the server, yet at the same time I don't want it to wipe all of
| the messages till it's tried to download each message at least
| once.  Anyone got any good suggestions on how to setup fetch to do this?

	if you are downloading for POP, try filtermail.
	/usr/ports/mail/filtermail

	Regards,
	Shantanu

--
Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence.

PGP keyID 	      : 137AFD9E
PGP keyID fingerprint : C7DA 3350 1DEA F371 37DC  D92A F0D4 C2ED 137A FD9E