Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 23:43:45 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Eric Boucher" <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>, "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SAMBA: one user problem

On Tue, 15 May 2001 13:21:54 -0700 (PDT), Eric Boucher wrote:

>Every user are accessing there homes from the
>same computer (I have only one computer with Win2k).
>So I don't understand why all users except one doesn't
>need to enter a FreeBSD username and password. Why
>this single user has to?

It is possible that during install or even yourself, ran a
script at some point to convert the list of exisint FreeBSD
users to the samba user list. You may have added an extra user
after that and not have added to samba.

I am not familiar with the "user map" functionality, but is is
possible you may have left this user out?

Also the user that has to enter his password, do the passwords
(FreeBSD and samba) match? It may be that the passwords are not
the same, therefore having to login twice.

Good luck.