Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:19:53 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the condvar stuff.

* Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> [011227 11:40] wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> >
> > For now you should just consider using the existing mechanisms,
> > something like a posted signal and not worry about the uninterruptable
> > sleeps.
>
> That's what I'm doing....

Good, I don't want you killing yourself working on this, we need
you around to help flush out the bugs. :)

> > > Basically one of the changes I'll be doing in the KSE tree
> > > as that all  msleeps and cv waits and sx waits and mutx waits have
> > > to either be identifiable as uninterruptable, or ba capable of
> > > being interrupted (so at least the next layer can catch it and back out).
> >
> > Yes, this is what PCATCH is for.
>
> I know, I'm just dissapointed at the ease that I have in finding cases
> where all I can do is wait...
> :-/

It's UNIX dude. :)

If you use the existing PCATCH/cv_sig (at least for now) you'll be
all good and a lot cleaner than fixing all the places with
uninterruptable sleeps.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductable donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/