Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:31:10 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, misc@openbsd.org
Subject:   soundcard (and/or touchscreen) reccomendations

I am looking to start a new project, and I would like to be able to use
FreeBSD or OpenBSD (and X in either case) to run the system, as it
requires far less resources than windows would, and generally runs much
more stable.
	I am looking to put together a system that will run as an MP3/Cd/sound
mixer. Does anyone have any good reccomendations regarding soundcards,
(something in the lower price-bracket with ease-of-setup a must)? How
well do the Creative Labs PCI 128 cards work, (if at all)? Also, does
anyone out there know of a touch-screen manufacturer that will work with
FreeBSD(or OpenBSD) and X-windows? I'm looking for a 4-6inch LCD touch
screen, with either composite video, or VGA input.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@vidican.com