Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 03:35:16 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        marc@bowtie.nl
Cc:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3D "blender" package from NeoGeo now released.

> > Their web page BTW, has the URL wrong.  It points to the non-existant dir:
> > /pub/FreeBSD/2.2.x-stuff
> >

> I don't believe you guys, when I tested it, it existed it must have
> been removed, but why doesn't anyone tell us! Don't you want other
> FreeBSD'ers to download it?

Sorry, I didn't even know that somebody was referencing it incorrectly
through the 2.2.x-stuff link.  The correct and canonical way to
reference commercial stuff (if you check my past postings on the
subject) has always been to point at it through the
2.2.x-RELEASE/commerce path, exactly as I deliberately and
specifically announced it in my own posting, since that could be a
symlink or a real directory depending on how it and the other "extra
bits" (like xperimnt) are arranged on the FTP site.  Please change the
link and, as a general rule, don't ever point to anything that's not
specifically mentioned in the top level index.html file under
pub/FreeBSD since you're likely doing the wrong thing in pointing at
some purely administrative directory when you should be following a
symlink.

BTW, while I have your ear, I think it's time to relink blender with a
later JPEG library.  It doesn't change that often these days, but it
seems to have taken a recent bump to 8.0. :(

- Jordan