Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:36:54 -0600
From:      Matt Schlosser <mschlosser@eschelon.com>
To:        'j mckitrick' <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: netscape 6

Sadly, it looks like the port was too quickly done and not throughly
checked... live and learn.

Anyway, I've never installed NS6 from the sources, I've used the installer
each time.  I've done it by downloading the who package and running it, and
by downloading the one that ftps the stuff as you need it.  As far as that
goes, yes you can just uninstall and reinstall wherever, stick it somewhere
and reuse it.

There shouldn't be too much to do for this install, it's not really a "Linux
install," but more of a linux program being installed on FreeBSD.  Think of
it as copying a .exe file from windows to a mac, then double-clicking it and
having it work (over simplified I know).

You can install NS6 anywhere you want, I think it uses a separate file set
because the bookmarks, cache and history database are in new formats yet you
can run both browsers simultaneously.

Don't think of it as a linux box in your machine, just as a little dude in
there that interprets lunux binaries for you :)

"Can any of you seriously say the Bill of Rights could get through Congress
today? It wouldn't even get out of committee." -F. Lee Bailey