Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 1996 18:02:51 -0400
From:      "Jacob M. Parnas" <jparnas@jparnas.cybercom.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        michaelv@headcandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com), gpalmer@freebsd.org, dave@persprog.com, questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which dual Pentium motherboard? Cyrix SMP?

In message <199606071942.MAA11811@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>you write:

>> >David Alderman wrote in message ID
>> ><26C84A7DC0@novell.persprog.com>:

I found the best motherboard for dual pentium pros is a new one from
SuperMicro.  It can be had for just $875 from Micro Assist.  It has
8 SIMM 72 pin modules and 4 PCI and 4 ISA cards.  Its model number is MBP6DNF
Dual Pentum-Pro Natoma Motherboard from Micro-Assist 888-97-MICRO
(processor Mag) (Full-AT Size).  They also sell 32 meg SIMMS for 279 each.
I'm planning on getting 4 32 meg boards for 128 meg of ram.

The reason I'm going dual pentium pro while now BSDI doesn't support mutli
processing, but will by the end of the year, and when the faster ones come
out (Intel told me that they should go to at least 300 Mhz.), I can just
pop in an additional processor.  I've also heard rumors (I wouldn't count on
it working) that the P7 chip will use the same pins as the P6, but they may
be different functionally and this information is preliminary.

Jacob