Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:19:34 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Controlling ports used by natd

At 12:45 AM 12/12/2003, Barney Wolff wrote:

>UTSL libpcap/alias_db.c

I can find no such file in /usr/src/contrib/libpcap. I did find
one in /usr/src/lib/libalias. It seems to have in it a function
called FindNewPortGroup that hunts for ports at random, but
there's no discipline there to make it avoid specific ports
or groups of ports. Are you suggesting that I modify this
function to add port exclusion as a new feature? I suppose that
I could do this, but it would involve changing data structures
that were used by many programs, including natd and ppp. So,
there could be a huge ripple effect.

--Brett