Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 97 10:24:16 MET DST
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        nash@Mcs.Net, rhh@ct.picker.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv 0.45

Hi,

> I found the datasheet for the FR126 which has video and fm tuner
> sections:
> http://www.dc-na.comp.philips.com/fi1200.html
>
> Perhaps is closed enough to the fm1216 model.

I've got that one, and according to that the band-switching in
your driver is OK. Actually I can't see any conflicts between
the sheet and your driver.

I emailed the author of the Linux driver (nice, helpfull guy).
According to him, the Linux driver supports my card.
He told me that the FM and FI/FR tuners are not very different
but that he had to fix something in order to not enable the
radio.
I looked at the Linux driver, but I didn't get any wiser
(according to it the band select bytes are: 0xA4,0x94,0x34 -
according to the FR1216 specs this (i.e. setting bit 3) will
select the radio (at least for the low band)).

I got a name at Hauppauge from whom he got a fax of the interesting
pages of the FM1216 specs. I sent the guy a polite letter -
hopefully he'll send something to me.

	Hyg'
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen            It'll probably say something like "Does not
                             compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's