Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 19:23:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   problem starting the smbd daemon in samba

Hi,

I have a huge problem starting one of the two daemons
for Samba. I installed samba a week ago and I did some
test with it. Everything was OK, but I don't know what
I did, but I am not able to start the smbd daemon no
more. I try to put it in "inetd.conf" and "services"
files and call a hangup to inetd, but it didn't
worked. I tryed to start smbd manually with the
complete command line (..../samba/bin/smbd -D) but it
does nothing. Is somebody know what can I did wrong?

Thanks