Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:27:47 -0600
From:      Christopher Taylor <chris@thedial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slow uploads...

I have a P-II 266MHz w/ 128M RAM FreeBSD 2.2.8-R machine colocated at my
ISP with load averages between 0.00 and 0.05. I also have a point to
point T1 connection to the same ISP. My LAN is a 100Base-T swithed
Ethernet.

My workstation is a P-III 450MHz w/ 128M RAM and when I upload to my
coloc'd machine I am averaging about 40kB/s

I have a second workstation on the same Ethernet switch, same hardware
configuration, running Debian 2.2 and that machine is averaging
70-80kB/s on uploads to the same coloc'd box.

When I download from the coloc'd machine, I see the same pitiful
results, yet if I download off of a fast web server in cyberland, I can
start to approach the full bandwidth of my T1.

Any ideas?

--Chris

--

Christopher Taylor