Date:      24 Mar 2002 08:34:50 +0000
From:      Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1017383146.39bb9e@mired.org>
Cc:        Frank Merrow <fmerrow@san.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Palm Pilot Development on FreeBSD?

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 06:25, Mike Meyer wrote:
> In <5.1.0.14.0.20020323220317.00a39cb0@pop-server.san.rr.com>, Frank Merrow <fmerrow@san.rr.com> typed:
> > What is the status of Palm Pilot Development on FreeBSD?  (if any)
>
> Good.
>
> > Are there any tools at all?
>
> Yes, there's a complete toolchain for building C programs.
>
> > If so, how do they compare in robustness with  the Win32 tools?
>
> Can't say, as Iv'e never had to use the Win32 tools.
>
> > Will the emulators work on any of the Unix Flavors?
>
> Yes.

Although the latest versions of the emulator are a real pain to get
working, they don't compile using GCC 2.95 anymore and require GCC 3.x,
as that means it also requires fltk compiled using GCC 3.x it can't
easily be updated in ports (I got it working myself and emailed it to
the port maintainer, but I don't see how he can get it working properly
until we switch to GCC 3.x in the base system) :(

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"