Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 09:33:21 -0700
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Lars Jonas Olsson" <jonas@mcs.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org, jonas@mcs.net
Subject:   Re: Passive backplane computers?

> Has anyone used PICMG computers with FreeBSD?
Yes.

> Are there any device
>drivers for the watchdog timers on these boards?
I generally hack a user-mode program together.  The point being that
if a very simple user-more program doesn't get scheduled, I'm toast.
A device-driver has the risk of working even though the system is
hung.

> Any recommendatitions for reliable computers?

Keep 'em cool.

Use a serial console with an logging device (another machine maybe).

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.