Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:57:22 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@brabys.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2 startup ?

Sorry, answered my own ( stupid ) question by basically creating a .xinitrc
in home and putting in the line:
exec gnome-session in it :)

Hi People

I've just completed installing Gnome2 from ports ( on FreeBSD 4.7 Stable )
and before I start editing any files to get it working can someone tell me
' the correct way ' to start it ? I have configured X and at the moment it
just starts with TWM when I run startx. I thought installing from ports
would make all the necessary changes but obviously it hasn't.

Many thanks,
Nelis