Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:51:35 +0800
From:      "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop suggestions?

    >> If cost is not a big problem, then IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad Series (I prefer
    >> T-series) is the best from my past experiences. And you may check following
    >As someone who used (and use) 360, 701C, T30, T42p, X60 and T61p, I
    >wholeheartedly agree with "past experiences"... with "past" being a key
    >word. While I could not complain about FreeBSD support (none of the
    >FreeBSD problems I have are ThinkPad-specific), manufacturing quality
    >has gone down considerably. My not-two-years-old X60 chipped in places
    >and my wife's 8-months-old T61p is no longer capable of keeping the
    >screen upright. This is in the stark contrast with T42p I (ab)used for
    >$work for more than three years, with the only visible outcome being
    >loss of the caption on the "Enter" key.

So if Thinkpads are no longer the go ... what is ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.