Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:39:40 -0500
From:      Prashant Dongre <pdongre@opentech.stpn.soft.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Mike HAGGAG <mikehaggag@mindspring.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP !

Mike HAGGAG <mikehaggag@mindspring.com> Wrote

> > Since I subscribed to this mailing list, I'm flooded with e-mails... which
> > I enjoy reading but I'm wondering if there's another way to access this
> > wealth of info without getting 30-60 e-mails everytime I check for new
> > mail. Are these e-mails available in a newsgroup that I could check
> > periodically at leisure ?

> Brian Somers wrote:
>
> You may want to try using exmh2.  It takes advantage of mh's slocal
> program which sorts your mail into mailboxes based on header lines.
> You can keep the FreeBSD mailing list traffic pretty much separate
> from your personal email.
> Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>

Anyone has tried Netscape communicator which is available now for FreeBSD,
(though it is Beta).

one can use mail filter so that mails can go and reside in respective
subjectwise folders.....

I can easily filter out personal mails and mails from hoards of mailing lists
which I have subscribed to...

:))

Prashant.