Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:56:21 +0800
From:      ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   (fwd) CERT Advisory CA-95:08 - Sendmail v.5 Vulnerability

:Newsgroups: comp.security.announce
:
:=============================================================================
:CA-95:08                          CERT Advisory
:                                  August 17, 1995
:                            Sendmail v.5 Vulnerability
:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[snipped]
:    Public domain:
:     Users of the public domain operating systems Linux (systems using
:     sendmail rather than smail), NetBSD, and FreeBSD should upgrade to
:     sendmail 8.6.12.

I just wonder I am using 2.05R, do I need to switch to sendmail 8.6.12 ?

BSDI provides a sendmail patch for their BSD/OS 2.0, if FreeBSD 2.05 uses
the same sendmail, should we need patch too ?

--
Yen-Wei Liu
Internet e-mail address:ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw

How to make home-brewing Win95 : Get yourself a new box and put your DOS 5.0
				 and Win 3.1 inside.