Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 12:19:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        matthew zeier <matthew@intelenet.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openssh 2.2.0 in ports ?

matthew zeier writes:
> OpenSSH 2.2.0 isn't in my ports directory.  Short or rebuilding it on my
> own, where can I find a package version?

You may be out of luck. 2.1 was merged into the base tree with the
expiration of the RSA patent (or was it RSA releasing the source a
week before they lost the patent?). That's the last version in the
ports tree, and what you get in -stable. 2.2 is in -current. If you're
tracking -stable, you might ask that 2.2 be MFC'ed. You might also ask
the port maintainer if he's willing to update the port to 2.2 for
people running older versions of the OS (they may be the same person).

	<mike