Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 01:50:08 +0800 (CST)
From:      Kang-min Liu <gugod@gugod.org>
To:        tony@saign.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: start_if.wi0??

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Jun_18_01:50:08_2002_635)--

From: "Tony Saign" <tony@saign.com>
Subject: start_if.wi0??
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:54:21 -0700

> Anyone have an example of a script to connect to 2 different nets?
> I've been playing around with it without success!
>
> Running 4.6 -stable and MiniPCI Intersil 802.11b card.

here is my script. every time I mv to a new network, I
change the content of /etc/wi_where to match what I need.
enjoy it. :)

---8<---

wi_where=`cat /etc/wi_where`

case ${wi_where} in
[Hh][Oo][Mm][Ee])
        ifconfig_wi0="inet 192.168.1.3 netmask 0xfffffff0 wepmode on wepkey xxxxxx channel 3 ssid XXXXXX media auto"
        defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
        /bin/cp -f /etc/resolv.conf.home /etc/resolv.conf
        ;;
[Nn][Tt][Uu])
        ifconfig wi0 wepmode on wepkey xxxxxx media auto
        ifconfig_wi0="dhcp"
        ;;
[Aa][Uu][Tt][Oo])
        ifconfig wi0 wepmode off media auto