Date:      03 Sep 2003 14:25:10 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <Thomas.Gellekum@gmx.de>
To:        Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/56365: x11-toolkits/py-wxPython port is broken

Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net> writes:

>  I don't understand why this patch wasn't already applied, since the
>  wxgtk-2.4.1 port was installed.

I've added that patch only minutes before the py-wxPython upgrade.

>  I'll attempt doing "make deinstall" and
>  "make install".  Since the version number is the same this shouldn't be
>  necessary...

My fault, sorry. I've bumped PORTREVISION in the meantime.

>  But it appears it does help.

Fine.

>  Note that Robin Dunn, the author of wxPython, recommends using the wxGTK
>  included with wxPython instead of a separate one, with the reason that
>  small version differences may cause trouble.  Quote:

Well, I don't really want a
x11-toolkits/wxgtk-for-wxpython-and-dont-mix-with-wxgtk-devel.

>  > wxMenuItem::SetMenu was added right after the wxGTK 2.4.1 release was
>  > made. (I thought it was right before, but a quick look at CVS shows
>  > differently. It may be that CVS was tagged earlier than I what I
>  > expected...) Anyway, you'll need to use the wxGTK included in the
>  > wxPythonSrc tarball.

This probably means we'll have to extract the implementation, too.
I'll take a look at it.

I guess I can close the PR?

tg