Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:28:02 -0500
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wireless network control

I am just trying to find out if theres an easier way to do this.
=20
=20
currently to get wireless to work on my system=2C i have to clone the wirel=
ess interface to a wlan0 interface to actually do any real connections. My =
home network uses WPA2 encryption so i use the wpa-supplicant to set that u=
p=2C but if i go out and about and hit free wifi spots=2C I have to add the=
 info for them into the wpa-supplicant.conf file to get it to access it.
=20
keep in mind that ideally I use the latest gnome as my desktop. is there an=
 easier tool to do this all with? I remember there was an issue with the gn=
ome-network tool that it could not actually make any changes in freebsd=2C =
but i cannot find if that is still true or if it has been fixed.
=20
End goal=2C I am trying to get this set up to be equally as idiot-proof as =
most linux distros in case i have to hand this off to someone a bit less te=
chnically inclined.
=20
=20
sorry if this is a bit hard to read=2C i have ADHD so it someti..OHLOOKASQU=
IRREL
=20
-Sean 		 	   		  =