Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:04:57 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp.conf

Quoting Bert Hiddink <hiddink@galileo.or.cr>:
 [000913 00:58]:=20
Bert Hiddink>Hello, Matthew,
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>El 12 Sep 00, a las 17:01, Matthew Emmerton escribi=F3:=20
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Bert Hiddink wrote:
Bert Hiddink>>=20
Bert Hiddink>> > Hello,
Bert Hiddink>> >=20
Bert Hiddink>> > Could someone help me out with the configuration of my ppp=
. My
Bert Hiddink>> > ppp.conf looks like this:
Bert Hiddink>>=20
Bert Hiddink>> <snip>
Bert Hiddink>>=20
Bert Hiddink>> It's because when you load ppp and type 'dial', all it does =
is execute
Bert Hiddink>> the stuff under the default: label.
Bert Hiddink>>=20
Bert Hiddink>> If you want to dial the number you've specified under the pa=
pchap
Bert Hiddink>> label, you need to say 'dial papchap'.  I would also conside=
r changing
Bert Hiddink>> the label name to something a bit mor informative (perhaps r=
elating to
Bert Hiddink>> the ISP?)
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>Thanks for this! Indeed now it marks the number and seems to d=
o the=20
Bert Hiddink>handshaking... but after a while it says: Warning: chat script=
=20
Bert Hiddink>failed!
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>I checked a manual of Steve Sims
Bert Hiddink>http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/index.html
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>He explains to add a second file, apart from ppp.conf, to the=
=20
Bert Hiddink>/etc/ppp/ directory. Might that be tthe problem here?=20
Bert Hiddink>http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/x340.html#AEN530
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>Would it be helpful to add the DNS entries of my ISP somewhere=
? If=20
Bert Hiddink>positive, where should I put these?
Bert Hiddink>
Bert Hiddink>Could you help me some more?
Bert Hiddink>

Remark the line with chat script, which starts with set login...bla bla
#set login

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

FORTRAN, "the infantile disorder", by now nearly 20 years old, is hopelessl=
y=20
inadequate for whatever computer application you have in mind today: it is =
too=20
clumsy, too risky, and too expensive to use. -Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN=
=20
Notices, Volume 17, Number 5=20