Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2013 08:29:01 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XENHVM and XenServer 6.2

Hi Micha=C5=82,

To my knowledge this is strictly a qemu issue and should be solved when
XenServer starts shipping upstream qemu instead of their own fork. There
may be a way for FreeBSD to work around it, but I am not aware of anyone
trying.

The current solution is to remove the entire CDROM/DVDROM drive from the
VM to boot a XENHVM kernel. There is no workaround, unfortunately. I
have filed this bug with a couple Citrix contacts of mine but have not
heard back on an ETA for a solution on the XenServer side.