Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 10:44:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Bill Sandiford <bill@duey.interlinks.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing password with shell scripts

Hello :

I need some help.  I want to write a some sort of script that would allow
me to change a users password in one command from the command line

The command line would be something like this

change_password username oldpassword newpassword

The problem is that I don't know a command in FreeBSD that will allow me
to do this.  passwd requires that you manually type the info in and in my
very virgin state of Shell programming I am not quite sure how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Bill Sandiford