Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2017 21:42:08 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Dave Horsfall" <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Procmail Vulnerabilities check

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 15:12:12 +1100 (EST) "Dave Horsfall" <dave@horsfall=2Eorg>=
 said

> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Steve Kargl wrote:
>=20
> > https://lists=2Efreebsd=2Eorg/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2017-December/018712=2Eh=
tml
>=20
> Well, I saw no reason to subscribe to freebsd-arch (I'm on enough lists a=
s=20
> it is)=2E=2E=2E  Are there any other lists that we should be following?
>=20
> I guess a suit and tie will be required soon :-(
>=20
> I'm bemused by Bapt's remark that "it does not support anything an=20
> entreprised [sic] grade mta setup would require: ldap support for=20
> example"; funny, as I had it working just fine with OpenLDAP with hundred=
s=20
> of users spread over many offices in my last job, with no trouble at all;=
=20
> there's even a schema for it, FFS:
>=20
>     aneurin% locate -i sendmail=2Eschema
>     /usr/share/sendmail/cf/sendmail=2Eschema
>=20
> with all the right gear in it:
>=20
>     # OID arcs for Sendmail
>     # enterprise:           1=2E3=2E6=2E1=2E4=2E1
>     # sendmail:             enterprise=2E6152
>=20
> WTF?  Sure as hell looks like Sendmail supports LDAP to me=2E=2E=2E

Agreed!
OK I don't have a copy of HEAD handy to search=2E But a look at the web
copy of the svn repo shows it's still there=2E The logs show no impending
doom=2E So I'd like to respectfully request that Sendmail stays=2E
All those in favor, say aye!

--Chris
P=2ES=2E Please try to keep it civil=2E :-)