Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 10:26:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        paul@freebsd.org
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, imp@village.org, rsnow@legend.txdirect.net, FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and swap

> Sounds like the XFree86 folks are trying to address this problem in their
> server but it's probably time for someone to address the general malloc
> problem.

I've recompiled most of /bin and /sbin with dlmalloc (and I have a libc.so with
it). Everything is working except that sh dumps core when I run my .xinitrc

The line is pretty std :

xterm -fn ... -g ... -title -e tail -f /var/spool/uucp/Log &

I guess sh is freeing something already freed but it is weird that it
happens only in .xinitrc. If I launch the line at the shell (tcsh) it
does not core dump.

--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
      FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #5: Fri Jul 14 12:28:04 MET DST 1995