Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:29:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        JGarcia <jgarcia@brokersys.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: info for ISP

You've got it all except for the news host, mail host, and pop host.  I
don't suggest trying to hardcode the other end of the link or your own
address.  Your address is most likely dynamically assigned when you dial
in, and the ISP side will change depending on what term server you land on
when you dial.  One of the biggest problems we have with supporting unix
accounts is people that insist on hardcoding the "ISP side" of the link
even though they only have a one in seven chance of getting the same
address each time...

Charles

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB